Days Working: Monday – Friday
Desiree joined the team at Western Sydney Speech Pathology in August 2017. Her clinical practice ranges from supporting families of young children with language and speech disorders, to older children with learning and literacy difficulties.
As our primary liaison with the University of Technology Sydney, Desiree developed our “Student Clinic Program” that allows us to provide quality training for future speech pathologists as well as offer our community greater access to our services. In addition to this, Desiree is also the clinical lead for our groups focusing on early literacy development.
Desiree is passionate about working with children from bilingual families and has completed additional qualifications to gain a better understanding of the language abilities of bilingual children.
Desiree is bilingual and can offer services in both English and French.
Education and Qualifications
- MSLP, B. A. (Psychology)
- Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist
- Hanen Certified Speech Pathologist (It Takes Two to Talk)
- Sounds-Write Registered
- Certificate in Francophone Practice for Speech Language Pathologists
- Attended Introductory Workshop for DIR Floortime
- Certified in the Shape Coding System (Part 1)